What is stick welding (Arc Welding)?
One of the elderly, uncomplicated, and most cost-efficient types of welding is stick welding or shield metal arc welding. For this reason, beginners commonly prefer to use stick welding.
Working procedures: A single electrode is used in stick welding. By using an electrode and electric current, it weld to join various types of metal. the electrode is built in the solid metal rod which is covered by mineral compounds and metal powder mix with a necessary instrument to help them to keep hold off to the surface of the electrode.
Advantages of Stick Welding
- Exceptionally strong welds produced by stick welding
- Spare shielding gas is not required in stick welding.
- It is an extremely versatile procedure. Any location and environment can be used.
- The welder is a simple, low budget and easy to carry around.
- It can be used in heavy wind and rough weather.
- The electrode that is used in the stick welding process is available everywhere.
- Both alternate current (AC) or direct current (DC) is used by stick welder.
- It is favorable for thick materials, including cast iron – which can be hard or unworkable for other welding methods.
- Operating procedures are so easy that anyone can operate it.
- certain thin metals cant be welded.
- Slow process
- It is not appropriate for titanium, zirconium, tantalum, and columbium.
- It is necessary to replace the electrode more frequently.
Although there is a little bit of weakness of Stick Welders, it has a more positive strong site.
Apparently, MIG and TIG welders are great stuff to work with, however, stick welders are superior for two key reasons.
One is the stick which is a replaceable electrode that plays the vital role of stuffing metal and the other is Gasless procedures. That means Stick welder does not necessitate gas for its operation resulting in it can be easily used in any outdoor place even any rough weather like heavy wind or rain.
We love to work by MIG and TIG welders that are unparalleled resources in our workshop but stick welders no doubt a matchless article that we explained later on.
Best Stick Welders (Arc Welders) 2020
Here are 7 best stick welders for money.
1.2018 AHP Alpha AC DC Tig/Stick Welder : Historical AHP brand
2.Forney Easy Weld 298 Arc Welder : Fantastic lightweight
3. Lotos LTPDC2000D 3-in-1 Stick Welder : Top in general:
4. EVERLAST PowerARC 140 TIG / Stick Welder : Unbelievable 5 years warranty
5. SUNGOLD 200A ARC MMA : Hotter weld
6.Lotos CT520D 50 AMP : Air Plasma Cutter, 200 AMP Tig and Stick/MMA/ARC Welder 3 in 1
7. C.M.T Pitbull 100-Amp Arc Welder : 1 of the cheapest Arc welder
1.2018 AHP Alpha AC DC Tig/Stick Welder
In the welding world, the AHP brand has a momentous and long history.
Innovative welding technics are invented by AHP from beginners to a higher stage. They are manufacturing various types of welding types of equipment.
2018 AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200 Amp welder is one of the best modified and updated welder from the AHP brand.
Both beginners and professionals can use it. You can’t disappoint while using it as you will find every suitable required option.
AlphaTIG 200X used Pulse Width Modulation and Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor into its inverter technology. This welder can operate in TIG or STICK mode. Dual voltage 110 or 220 volts input system. According to your requirement, you may use either AC and DC current output system which is built in 2018 AHP Alpha welder.
- Powerful 140 and 200AMP with 60% duty cycle
- 110 and 220 volts with AC and DC current output.
- Comfortable foot pedal control helps to weld both hands
- Built-in pre and post flow control programmable features help control smoothly
- Adjustable heat control
- Simple using a remote, you can move between 2T or 4T operation mode.
- Weight is 67 pounds.
- The welding machine has 3 years Warranty. Torch’s foot panels and spool guns have 6 months.
- You can weld all types of Copper, Mild steel, Iron, Aluminum/Magnesium and Stainless steel.
- It has the ability to welding 7018 and 6013 commonly used welding rods.
- 2T/4T functional mode
- Built-in high-frequency TIG start as well as Anti stick control
- The foot pedal will not work in the 4T operation mode.
- You cannot use both foot pedal or the torch switch cable in 2T mode.
- It may create confusion for the beginner to see more button and switch.
- It is not so portable.
- It creates sound.
2.Forney Easy Weld 298 Arc Welder
Forney Easy Welder is a super lightweight and simple to use ensuring hassle-free operation.
This little welder is great for beginner welders for small jobs.The power source in this welder is corded electric and it holds the inverter power system.
If you are looking for a handy Welding machine than it is for you.
- Forney Easy Welder’s length 15-inch height 11.5-inch weight 7.5pound width 7 inch, which is easy to carry
- Input Volt 120 and 90 Amp
- It is a stick welder but by side, it also has TIG capability
- Welds 16 gauge up to 5/16”
- This welder is especially for beginners
- Easy Start technology helps arc strike a gentle wind.
- Not so-durable
- The TIG gun is not included here and needs to purchase separately
3. Lotos LTPDC2000D 3-in-1 Stick Welder
One of the most inventive sticks/Tig Welder is the Lotos LTPDC2000D Arc Plasma TIG Welder. It has designed a great multipurpose task. 3-in-1. you can easily switch Stick welder, Tig welder and Plasma Cutter which help you to do most of the welding tasks. It has the ability to welding up to ½ inch metal.
You may use this welder to even cut through rust or painted surfaces area. This Lotos LTPDC2000D works on dual voltage (110 volt on 50Hz and 220 volts on 60 Hz).One minute set up and quick start-up process makes it more user-friendly because this welder has pre-install features.
- NON-TOUCH PLASMA CUTTER
- Built-In 3 in 1 process, means included in Power supply, Plasma cutting torch, Tig torch, MMA/Stick clamp
- Weight: 42.3 pounds
- Operate this welder in dual voltage 110 volt / 220 volt
- Weight is 43 pounds which are lightweight.
- Price range is reasonable
- Three years warranty
- The foot pedal is not included in the package and needs to buy
4. EVERLAST PowerARC 140 TIG / Stick Welder
Everlast Power ARC 140STi came with an unbelievable five-year warranty.It is better for lighter stick welder.
This welder has a Digital Control system which improves serviceability. Easy setup procedures make it accessible and intuitive use for beginners
- Small size delivers big power with 140A @ 35% duty cycle.
- Output: 120V: 10-80A; 240V: 10-140A
- Input Cable Length: 6’
- Maximum Stick Electrode Diameter: 1/8”
- Supported with a 5-year welder warranty.
- It comes with the stick electrode holder, tig torch, and some consumables
- The multipurpose task can perform by this.
- The lightweight of 20 pounds
- You can’t tig weld aluminum on this machine.
- Everlast Power ARC does not have HF ac output.
- The foot pedal is not included here.
5. SUNGOLD 200A ARC MMA
If you want to get a hotter weld that maximum stick welder can’t do it, SUNGOLD 200A ARCMMA is obviously best for you. Best usages in this Welder is small to medium welding works home use and small project work. MMA stick welding, gas-shielded, and other than iron or steel like an aluminum can be welded by this Machine. This welder has the ability to burn DV Reverse rods. It has dual voltage capability
- safety protection current is 30A
- Both of 110 volts and 220-volt input power
- One of the most important features is adjustable wire feed which helps to control the rate.
- It is heavier because this welder is full-bridge welder which is absent in many stick welder
- An adjustable overloading system makes SUNGOLD welder more durable.
- Another good feature is over and under volt protection
- Built-in automatically heat starter system in this welder
- Easy to use
- Affordable low budget welder
- Dual voltage input system
- Aluminum related metal can be welding
- Advance control module helps to perform accurate welding
- For easy carrying handle is include the machine
- Low weight only 15 pounds
- Sungold 200A has one year warranty and three months’ money back guaranty.
- The leads are too short
- spool gun which helps to weld in aluminum is not included here
6.Lotos CT520D 50 AMP.Air Plasma Cutter, 200 AMP Tig and Stick/MMA/ARC Welder 3 in 1
If you are looking for multitasking welder than Lotos CT520D 50 AMP is the right choice for you. It is a combo welder combination of PLASMA function,200 AMP STICK and 200 AMP TIG welder. It is a very easy process for switching between STICK, TIG, and PLASMA function.This machine is very useful, cheap and three in one multifunctional welder. You can easily cut down all types of steel like alloy steel, stainless steel, mild-steel, Other than iron or steel like aluminum also can be cut down by PLASMA cutter. It is also ideal for cutting in various thicknesses of metal and woods.
- The current output of the PLASMA CUTTER is 50amp
- Current output TIG 15-200AMP and
- Cut Thickness: 1/2″ Maximum minimum
- Two major control systems. one is HF Start Torch Control and another is Foot pedal welding Heat control. are included with is welder
This welder has the ability to run in 140 volts and 240 volts.
- Easy setup.Only 1 minute
- 1-year warranty and 30 days full refund
- Lightweight. Only 38.5 pounds
- Intact plasma blade is included in the PLASMA cutter which makes it easy to carry around.
- No metal or woods are affected by rust due to it relies on a very small amount of toxic in the air.
- Dual voltage input system
- TIG and Plasma cables are about 6′ long
- The foot pedal is not included with this package
- The power cord is not so long only about 4′.
7. C.M.T Pitbull 100-Amp Arc Welder:
If you are looking for a very low cost and suitable welder for home and light weld only than C.M.T Pitbull 100-Amp electric ARC Welder is a better option for you.
It is a very cheap, lightweight and easy portable Welder. Any person can easily use this welder because it is specially designed for beginners. It is set up and the start-up process is very easy that anyone can operate it.
- The C.M.T Pitbull ‘s input current is 110 volt.
- The Amper range is between 45 to 100 amp.
- The machine is made by 100% metal..
- Weight only 28 pounds.
- No battery is required to operate this welder
- It’s light and easy to carry around
- Very low budget welder
- Including dirty metals, it can be weld other metal and steel.
- Built-in pitbull and no need to upgrade it.
- No gas is required to operate it.
- The ground clamp in this welder is very high quality.
- The welder cannot work in a 15 amp outlet.
- It has a little duty cycle.
Click Here to Leave a Comment Below